As this presentation shows companies have adapted their marketing practice to embrace the use of social media.
A couple of key findings:
- Twitter is the most popular social network among Fortune‘s Global 100 companies.
- 79% of company Twitter accounts engage users using @mentions
- Pinterest is being increasingly used to highlight products and services in a visual manner
- Twitter is the most popular network for company use in Latin America
- Many companies are using more than one social media account on the same network. This is especially so in Europe where there is the challenge of multiple languages
- Companies in Asia are using different channels to communicate
- Mobile Web, Visual Storytelling and Social Enterprise are the three big trends in the Asia Pacific region.
The presentation can be downloaded here.