Based in Hong Kong, this association produces one of the most valuable marketing resources in the Asia Pacific Region.Its annual yearbook contains a wealth of information . See the Boxnet file share at the bottom of this blog site to get a copy.
Some salient statistics to consider when developing your digital marketing strategy:
- Asia Pacific internet uses spent more than 5.6 trillion minute online in 2009
- They bought an estimated $US7 billion dollars in virtual goods
- The influence of online friends when making a purchasing decision is notable
- Mobile shopping is undertaken by 80% of mobile users
- Australians spend more time on social networking sites than anyone else in the world
- The Asia Pacific region is home to the largest and fastest growing internet population in the world with 764 million users at the beginning of this year, compared to 995 million for the rest of the world combined.
- Search is an increasingly popular activity with the volume of searches rising 31% over the previous year.
- Half of the top twenty sites in the Asia Pacific region are based in China.
Comscore’s Data Passport for the first half of 2010 also supports these findings and the usage type varies quite markedly by region – charts below